Seattle is a gorgeous place to visit when the weather is sunny and mild, especially in the summer months of August & September. Personally, this is the only time of year I would consider travelling up to this great city because they are two of the dryest months. Being from Southern California, I have been blessed and spoiled by the sunshine we get here almost year round, so I must admit, I now have a rather low tolerance for rain.
In the search for the next pet-friendly summer getaway deal, I stumbled upon Cedarbrook Lodge, a quaint, well-designed hotel located 20 minutes from downtown Seattle. It has the feel of a boutique hotel or a bed and breakfast, rather than a generic Hilton or Marriott. Cedarbrook is full of character and charm, with it’s lush, green landscape as a backdrop and pretty gardens surrounding the property! It is conveniently close to the Seattle Link Lightrail. On top of that, the lodge offers free shuttle service to and from the Seattle – Tacoma International Airport. And, included are complimentary continental breakfast for each guest and free wi-fi. So, if you are thinking about taking a trip to Seattle, score a Deluxe Queen room that is now $99 per room/night (original rate $149) through Sniqueaway. Sale ends in 6 days!
Onto the most important question here: What is their pet policy and how much do they charge for a stay? According to their policy:
- Dogs up to 50 lbs. are welcome with a non-refundable fee of $50 per stay. Restrictions may apply; please contact the property for more details.
Things to do:
- First timers, be sure to stop by the city’s resident landmark: The Space Needle.
- Head down to Pike Place, one of the oldest outdoor markets in America, where you’ll find fresh fish and fruits, crafts, and collectibles
- Locally grown fresh fruits and vegetables can be found at Ballard’s Farmer’s Market.
- Seattle is known for having outstanding coffee – stop by Stumptown Coffee Roasters, Espresso Vivace Sidewalk Bar, and Seattle Coffee Works.
- Check out a calendar of Seattle’s Fun August Events here!
- ATTENTION Foodies: Try local favorites such as Serious Pie, Toulouse Petit, Lola, and The Pink Door.